Tara is the female manifestation of Buddha and represents the qualities of our enlightened mind. The practice of Tara is a supreme method of meditation which, when diligently applied, helps us to reveal the wisdom essence of our enlightened mind. Through this practice, we can develop our capacity for healing - for our illnesses and negative afflictions, as well as those of others.
The main meditation of various Chagdud Gonpa centers in the West, the Red Tara treasure revealed by Apong Terton, was brought to us by Chagdud Rinpoche, from whom Lama Tsering received the blessings and authorization to transmit it.
In this unprecedented retreat, Lama Tsering will lead use deeper into the Mandala of the 21 Taras, a sublime method of Vajrayana Buddhism for the training of the three doors (body, speech and mind).
Empowerment is an elaborate ceremony in which the teacher authorizes the student to engage in Vajrayana meditation, transmitting the lineage blessings of a given practice. It is said that during the empowerment a seed is planted so that the student's inherent Buddhahood can be revealed, once the proper causes and conditions come together.
Upon receiving an empowerment, the student creates a connection with the practice and the lineage, which should be considered before receiving it.
About Lama Tsering:
Born in the US, Lama Tsering served H.E. Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche as his translator for more than eleven years.
After completing a three-year retreat in 1995, she was ordained as a lama and became authorized to give teachings and empowerments of Vajrayana Buddhism. That same year, she was invited to give teachings in Brazil, to where she moved soon after, coordinating Odsal Ling, the center in São Paulo.
Recognized for her direct and humorous style, Lama Tsering focuses her teachings on the development of compassion and the application of Buddhist philosophy in daily life.
Empowerment only: BRL 65
Full event without accommodation: BRL 568
(Includes lunch from the 20th to the 23rd and dinner from the 20th to the 22nd)
Full event with accommodation:
(Accommodation includes dinner from Wednesday evening to Sunday lunch)
• Female or male dormitory: BRL 864
• Share room (3 people per room): BRL 936
• En-suite (2 people per room): BRL 1004
5:30 pm to 9 pm | check-in for guests
7 am to 9 am | check-in
9 am | Empowerment
2 pm | Start of the teachings
5 pm | End of the teachings
Note: the schedule may change during the retreat
• Meals are served exclusively at predetermined times. Please check on site.
• Any changes will be announced on the same day.
No meals will be served outside the stipulated times.
• Each person is usually responsible for washing their own dishes: plates, glasses, cups and cutlery. If the volunteer system is in place to do this task, all help is welcome (look for a staff member).
• Please do not remove dishes from the dining hall area.
• Please let us know in advance if you are a vegetarian - preferably using the registration form, or by emailing [email protected]
O que trazer
•Blankets, bed linen and towels will be provided for those staying at the Temple..
Optional items to bring along
- Rain gear
- Ear plugs
- Small lamp
- We suggest that you check the weather forecast before coming, as we offer only one blanket per person.
- Objects for personal hygiene
- Water bottle
- Alarm clock
- Chuba and Zen
- Cushion, suitably identified
- Cash, should you wish to make offerings
- Practitioners who will be practicing outside the temple should bring a support table.
- Sadhanas and practice objects*
* We will use the Long Red Tara, Galaxy of Heartdrops, Longevity Prayers and Appendices of the 100,000 Tsogs, which are sold at the Mandala store.
**We perform daily practices of Red Tara, the Essence of Ongoing Yoga, Vajrakilaya, Dharma Protectors, Lion Face Dakini, Riwo Sangchod, Cherenzig Sur Offering and Chöd Feasts.
Política de cancelamento de inscrição
The cancellation of your registration must be notified by email up to 72 hours before the start of the event.
Write to [email protected] and inform one of the options below:
1 - Use the credit for another event or offering
You can use the full amount of the payment as credit to register for another event or to make offerings (lamps, tsok, sur etc.).
This credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of payment.
2 - Credit reimbursement
Your money will be refunded and a BRL 35 fee will be retained to cover administrative expenses.
- Smoking is not allowed in the internal or external areas of the Temple.
- Please do not use cell phones inside the Temple
- Please do not film, record or photograph within the Temple
- Please don't lie down inside the Temple
- It is traditional to perform three prostrations when entering the Temple
- In the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas, we remain standing until they sit down first. We then perform three prostrations, as a sign of respect.
- Please do not point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects.
- Please do step over sacred texts, practice objects or benches.
- Please do not place texts directly on the floor
- Sacred texts are lent for use during meditation practices only and are not to be taken home or copied without the permission of the temple.
- It is not considered auspicious to step over the sacred texts or the benches used as practice tables.
- Please do not use another person's practice objects without prior authorization.
- If you find an object that does not belong to you, please deliver it to the office (located on the mezzanine of the dining hall). In case of loss, please visit the office.
(After 90 (ninety) days, these objects will be donated to the thrift store, whose income is reverted to the Temple's activities.)