Chagdud Gonpa Brasil is part of an international network of centers whose origins began with Chagdud Gonpa in Tibet, a monastery founded in the 15th century. Established in 1994 by the revered meditation master, H.E. Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche (1930-2002), the Chagdud Gonpa centers offer study and meditation in the Nyingma tradition of Vajrayana Buddhism.
Since Chagdud Rinpoche’s Parinirvana in 2002, the South American network of centers has been under the spiritual direction of Chagdud Khadro.
The mother temple of Chagdud Gonpa Brazil is Khadro Ling, located near Tres Coroas in Southern Brazil.
It is also the home of the Padmasambhava Palace (picture, left), which is the majestic replica of the Pureland of Guru Rinpoche.
In São Paulo, Chagdud Gonpa Odsal Ling has two practice centers: the Temple, in Cotia (suburbs of São Paulo), and the Urban center.
Chagdud Gonpa Odsal Ling was founded in São Paulo in 1993 by H.E. Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche. Two years later, in 1995, Rinpoche designated Lama Tsering Everest as the resident lama. Since then, she has coordinated teachings, retreats and ceremonies with the intention to create the favorable conditions for the authentic practice of Vajrayana in accordance with the Nyingma tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
Approximately 30 kilometers from São Paulo, the Temple is an example of authentic Tibetan architecture, with rich colors and ornaments. Daily practice, teachings and retreats are held for those who have already had or intend to establish contact with Buddhism.
The Urban center is an open door, in the midst of the demands of modern life, for those who are interested in Buddhism. During the week, regular daily practice and meditation sessions are held.