This Sunday (04/11) at 10 am, Lama Tsering will be giving a public teaching at the Temple.
This teaching is recommended to all, even those who have never had contact with Buddhism before.
Current issues from a Buddhist perspective
The Sunday program is especially aimed at those who are beginning or have an interest in hearing a little more about Buddhism.
You are free to make a contribution as desired.
8 am: Tara Practice (concise)
10 am: Public teaching
• Smoking is not allowed in the internal and external areas of the Temple
• Use of mobile phones inside the Temple is not permitted
• NPlease do not film, record or take photographs inside the Temple
• Do not lie down inside the Temple
• It is traditional to do three prostrations upon entering the Temple
• In the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas, we remain standing until they area seated. We then do three prostrations as a sign of respect.
• Please don't point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects
• Don't step over sacred texts, practice objects or benches
• Please do not place texts directly on the floor
• The sacred texts are provided for use during meditation practices only and should not be taken home or copied without the temple's permission.
• It is not considered auspicious to step over the sacred texts or the benches used as practice tables.
• Please do not use another person's practice objects without prior permission.
• If you find something that does not belong to you, please hand it in to the office (located on the mezzanine of the cafeteria). If you lose anything, please contact the office.
(After 90 (ninety) days, lost property will be donated to the thrift store and the profits donated to the Temple activities)