Odsal Ling activities: Metal Ox year
This year, Odsal Ling's activities flourished due to the Sangha's contribution: from volunteers, practitioners, and members. Thanks to everyone's efforts, the teachings have continued to reach people all over the world.
- During the past year, we have continued the Meetings with Lama Tsering and the Sunday teachings, which have particularly welcomed those just starting out on the path.
- There have been cycles of teachings, such as the study and lung of the book "The Words of My Perfect Teacher", as well as the cycle of "Tara's Delight", in which practitioners were able to deepen their Tara practice. There was also the cycle "Following in his Footsteps", where Lama Tsering taught about the 37 points of practice that Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche wrote for his students.
- In addition to teachings, there were approximately 750 pujas and tsogs broadcast so that practitioners could be supported in their daily practice, even without being able to practice in the Temple in person.
- It was possible to fulfill the annual commitment to hold the Red Tara Drubchö with an offering of 100,000 tsogs, with the participation of 300 practitioners, resulting in an accumulation of 500,000 offering mantras.
- Our social media connected new people to the Dharma, and there were 250,000 plays of teaching and practice videos on our YouTube channel, amounting to 71,000 hours of the Dharma resounding. Our online Campus Platform has continued to be a vehicle for study and access to the teachings.
- Your support has also allowed us to maintain our 12 resident volunteers, who are essential for the Gonpa's online and day-to-day activities to continue - over 60,000 butter-lamps were lit last year!
- At the end of 2021 practitioners were able to benefit from the "Kora Project" and also come to the Temple on Sundays to attend teachings in person. For this year, we aspire to reopen soon, if possible.
It is impossible to put into words all of the benefits generated by those who are part of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche's mandala. Our Mahaguru is like the sun touching the earth after long winter months, so being part of his mandala is to be inseparable from the radiance that warms beings, and this merit is immeasurable.
By this merit, may the aspirations of our precious teachers continue to flourish in this New Year, may the Dharma, the greatest remedy for all the suffering faced by beings, remain in this world and may auspicious conditions for the enlightenment of beings continue to manifest.