After a long period of time, Lama Tsering will bestow the Red Tara empowerment. Everyone is invited to receive the empowerment for the first time or to renew their vows!
The empowerment is a ceremony in which the master authorizes the student to engage in Vajrayana meditation, by imparting the blessings of the lineage of a particular practice.
It is said that receiving empowerment from a realized lama - and renewing that commitment by receiving empowerment many times - plants the seeds for enlightenment in our mind, creating the causes for revealing our true nature.
In the interest of everyone's health and well-being, the ceremony will take place in our Lotus Pavilion and not in the meditation hall.
We will maintain safety protocols, including mandatory use of masks, social distancing, and all attendees having received the COVID-19 vaccination.
Please read the following information carefully in order to participate
The empowerment will take place between 11 am and 1 pm (approx.).
However, there may be changes to the finishing time.
Translation and Broadcasting
- This event is in-person only and will not be broadcast.
There will be consecutive translation from English to Portuguese.
→ Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19;
→ Commit to following Temple safety protocols.
→ Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
→ Use any of the masks below at all times:
• 3-layer surgical mask (do not exceed 6 hours of use)
• PFF2/N95 mask
→ Mantain social distancing
→ Sit in the indicated places
→ Comply with the arrival (from 10:30 am) and departure (end of empowerment) times
→ Do not circulate in restricted areas
What to bring
• Comfortable clothing
• Cushion - if you prefer one of your own
• Bag to store shoes
- Smoking is not permitted in the indoor or outdoor areas of the Temple
- Do not lie down during the practice and teaching environment
- It is traditional remains standing in the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas until they sit down. Then we do three prostrations, as a sign of respect.
- Do not point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects
- Do not step ver sacred texts, objects of practice, or benches
- Do not place texts directly on the floor
- Sacred texts are loaned for use only during meditation practices, and should not be taken home or copied without the temple's permission.
- If you find an object that does not belong to you, please turn it in to one of our on-site volunteers.
- After 90 (ninety) days, the unclaimed items will be donated to the Thrift Store, and the proceeds will be used for Temple activities)
You must register online in order to take part in this event.
The registration fee is BRL 82.
It is possible to register until Friday, May 20, at 12 pm (UTC-3).