Phowa is a Buddhist method through which one can acquire the ability to consciously direct one's next rebirth. Phowa training brings signs of realization quickly, without the need for years of rigorous practice. Upon achieving these signs, we can then face death with confidence, without being driven back into the cycles of conditioned existence by the winds of karma.
The training also includes a longevity meditation that aims to strengthen the vitality and composition of the body's elements.
Chagdud Khadro trained extensively in Phowa under the direction of Chagdud Rinpoche, and will conduct this training based on the hidden treasure text of master Rigdzin Longsal Nyingpo (the text will be available for purchase).
* To participate, it is necessary to receive the Amitabha empowerment.
• Empowerment only: BRL 75
• Full event without accommodation: BRL 428
(Includes empowerment, lunch on Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Saturday)
• Full event with accommodation:
(Accommodation includes empowerment, dinner on Friday through to lunch on Sunday)
– Dormitory: BRL 559
– Shared room (3 people per room): BRL 595
– En-suite (2 people per room): BRL 629
8 pm | Introductory teachings
9 am | Amitabha Empowerment (mandatory for taking part in the retreat)
2 pm to 5 pm on Sunday | Teachings and Phowa practice
• Meals are served exclusively at predetermined times. Please check on site.
• Any changes will be announced on the same day.
No meals will be served outside the stipulated times.
• Each person is usually responsible for washing their own dishes: plates, glasses, cups and cutlery. If the volunteer system is in place to do this task, all help is welcome (look for a staff member).
• Please do not remove dishes from the dining hall area.
• Please let us know in advance if you are a vegetarian - preferably using the registration form, or by emailing email@example.com
What to bring
•Blankets, bed linen and towels will be provided for those staying at the Temple..
Optional items to bring along
- Rain gear
- Ear plugs
- Small lamp
- We suggest that you check the weather forecast before coming, as we offer only one blanket per person.
- Objects for personal hygiene
- Water bottle
- Alarm clock
- Chuba and Zen
- Cushion, suitably identified
- Cash, should you wish to make offerings
- Practitioners who will be practicing outside the temple should bring a support table.
- Sadhanas and practice objects*
* We will use the Long Red Tara, Galaxy of Heartdrops, Longevity Prayers and Appendices of the 100,000 Tsogs, which are sold at the Mandala store.
**We perform daily practices of Red Tara, the Essence of Ongoing Yoga, Vajrakilaya, Dharma Protectors, Lion Face Dakini, Riwo Sangchod, Cherenzig Sur Offering and Chöd Feasts.
Registration cancellation policy
The cancellation of your registration must be notified by email up to 72 hours before the start of the event.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform one of the options below:
1 - Use the credit for another event or offering
You can use the full amount of the payment as credit to register for another event or to make offerings (lamps, tsok, sur etc.).
This credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of payment.
2 - Credit reimbursement
Your money will be refunded and a BRL 35 fee will be retained to cover administrative expenses.
- Smoking is not allowed in the internal or external areas of the Temple.
- Please do not use cell phones inside the Temple
- Please do not film, record or photograph within the Temple
- Please don't lie down inside the Temple
- It is traditional to perform three prostrations when entering the Temple
- In the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas, we remain standing until they sit down first. We then perform three prostrations, as a sign of respect.
- Please do not point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects.
- Please do step over sacred texts, practice objects or benches.
- Please do not place texts directly on the floor
- Sacred texts are lent for use during meditation practices only and are not to be taken home or copied without the permission of the temple.
- It is not considered auspicious to step over the sacred texts or the benches used as practice tables.
- Please do not use another person's practice objects without prior authorization.
- If you find an object that does not belong to you, please deliver it to the office (located on the mezzanine of the dining hall). In case of loss, please visit the office.
(After 90 (ninety) days, these objects will be donated to the thrift store, whose income is reverted to the Temple's activities.)