November 17 marks the date of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche's Parinirvana and there will be a special program at Odsal Ling in respect and devotion to our perfect teacher.
Lama Tsering will conduct a three-day retreat (November 15-17), offering instructions on Ngöndro practices. On Friday, November 15, Lama Tsering will continue with the points covered in the previous Ngöndro retreats offered this year, while Saturday, November 16, will be dedicated to teachings about Vajrasattva practice. On Sunday (November 17) there will be a special schedule for this sacred date: the stupa will open at 7 am for offering khatag to Rinpoche, at 8am there will be Red Tara tsok, at 10am there will be a teaching, at 3pm Guru Rinpoche empowerment will be granted, and at 6pm instructions will be given about the practice of Guru Yoga.
Practitioners who have never received instructions about Ngöndro should take part in the entire retreat.
Chagdud Rinpoche, master of great kindness and compassion, dedicated his life to teaching Dharma to all who could benefit. Thanks to his unlimited vision, we now have the possibility of receiving teachings from qualified teachers, who diligently lead us on the path to enlightenment.
May the blessings of Rinpoche's magnificent aspirations continue to flourish and may his loving and compassionate mind continue to benefit all beings. And may we, as Sangha, continue to pay homage to our precious Guru together.
“With the physical liberation of death comes the most wonderful opportunity to achieve all that we have been preparing ourselves for, in our practice and in our life. Even in the case of a supreme master who has reached the highest realization, the final liberation, called parinirvana, only emerges at death. That is why in the Tibetan tradition we do not celebrate the birthdays of the masters, we celebrate their death, their moment of final enlightenment.”
1) Empowerment only: BRL 65 - meals not included1) Register here!
2) Full event without accommodation: BRL 461
(includes teaching, empowerment, Friday, Saturday and Sunday lunch and Sunday dinner)
3) Full event with accommodation from Thursday to Sunday:
(includes teaching, empowerment, Thursday dinner to Sunday dinner)
- Dormitory: BRL 683
- Shared room (3 people per room): BRL 737
- En-suite (2 people per room): BRL 788
4) Event with accommodation from Friday to Sunday:
(includes teaching, empowerment, Friday lunch to Sunday dinner)
- Dormitory: BRL 609
- Shared room (3 people per room): BRL 645
- En-suite (2 people per room): BRL 679
9 am to 7 pm Saturday | Teaching
7 am | Khatag offering at the stupa
8 am | Red Tara tsok in celebration of the Parinirvana
10 am | Teaching
3 pm | Guru Rinpoche empowerment
6 pm to 8:30 pm | Teaching on Guru Yoga
• Meals are served exclusively at predetermined times. Please check on site.
• Any changes will be announced on the same day.
No meals will be served outside the stipulated times.
• Each person is usually responsible for washing their own dishes: plates, glasses, cups and cutlery. If the volunteer system is in place to do this task, all help is welcome (look for a staff member).
• Please do not remove dishes from the dining hall area.
• Please let us know in advance if you are a vegetarian - preferably using the registration form, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
- Blankets, bed linen and towels will be provided for those staying at the Temple.
Optional items to bring along
- Rain gear
- Ear plugs
- Small lamp
- We suggest that you check the weather forecast before coming, as we offer only one blanket per person.
- Objects for personal hygiene
- Water bottle
- Alarm clock
- Chuba and Zen
- Cushion, suitably identified
- Cash, should you wish to make offerings
- Practitioners who will be practicing outside the temple should bring a support table.
- Sadhanas and practice objects*
**We perform daily practices of Red Tara, the Essence of Ongoing Yoga, Vajrakilaya, Dharma Protectors, Lion Face Dakini, Riwo Sangchod, Cherenzig Sur Offering and Chöd Feasts.
Registration cancellation policy
The cancellation of your registration must be notified by email up to 72 hours before the start of the event.
Write to email@example.com and inform one of the options below:
1 - Use the credit for another event or offering
You can use the full amount of the payment as credit to register for another event or to make offerings (lamps, tsok, sur etc.).
This credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of payment.
2 - Credit reimbursement
Your money will be refunded and a BRL 35 fee will be retained to cover administrative expenses.
- Smoking is not allowed in the internal or external areas of the Temple.
- Please do not use cell phones inside the Temple
- Please do not film, record or photograph within the Temple
- Please don't lie down inside the Temple
- It is traditional to perform three prostrations when entering the Temple
- In the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas, we remain standing until they sit down first. We then perform three prostrations, as a sign of respect.
- Please do not point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects.
- Please do step over sacred texts, practice objects or benches.
- Please do not place texts directly on the floor
- Sacred texts are lent for use during meditation practices only and are not to be taken home or copied without the permission of the temple.
- It is not considered auspicious to step over the sacred texts or the benches used as practice tables.
- Please do not use another person's practice objects without prior authorization.
- If you find an object that does not belong to you, please deliver it to the office (located on the mezzanine of the dining hall). In case of loss, please visit the office.
(After 90 (ninety) days, these objects will be donated to the thrift store, whose income is reverted to the Temple's activities.)