On December 25, Lama Tsering will grant the Red Tara empowerment for all those who wish to receive the empowerment for the first time or renew their vows!
The empowerment will be the opening of the Dream Yoga retreat, but it is not necessary to attend the retreat in order to receive the empowerment.
Click here to find out more about the Dream Yoga Retreat.
What is empowerment?
Empowerment is a ceremony in which the master authorizes the student to engage in Vajrayana meditation by imparting the blessings of the lineage of a particular practice.
It is said that receiving empowerment from a realized lama - and renewing that commitment by receiving empowerment many times - plants the seeds for enlightenment in our minds, thereby creating the causes for us to reveal our true nature.
Please read the following information carefully in order to participate
The empowerment will take place between 5 pm and 7 pm (approx.) (UTC-3).
However, there may be changes to the finishing time.
Translation and Broadcasting
- This event is in-person only and will not be broadcast.
There will be consecutive translation from English to Portuguese.
Food and Accommodation
It is not possible to provide food and accommodation for those who are only receiving the empowerment.
- For everyone's protection, we suggest wearing masks.
- It is necessary that all participants follow the protocol below for everyone's safe participation:
- Be up to date with Covid-19 vaccination;
- Maintain social distance;
- Sit in the indicated places;
- Comply with the arrival and departure times;
- Do not circulate in the restricted areas.
What to bring
• Comfortable clothing
• Cushion - if you prefer one of your own
• Bag to store shoes
- Smoking is not permitted in the indoor or outdoor areas of the Temple
- Do not lie down during the practice and teaching environment
- It is traditional remains standing in the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas until they sit down. Then we do three prostrations, as a sign of respect.
- Do not point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects
- Do not step ver sacred texts, objects of practice, or benches
- Do not place texts directly on the floor
- Sacred texts are loaned for use only during meditation practices, and should not be taken home or copied without the temple's permission.
- If you find an object that does not belong to you, please turn it in to one of our on-site volunteers.
- After 90 (ninety) days, the unclaimed items will be donated to the Thrift Store, and the proceeds will be used for Temple activities)
Online registration for the Red Tara initiation is now closed. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]