Over two weekends in July (13-14 and 27-28) Lama Tsering will be offering teachings on Ngöndro - a set of practices that is considered the foundation of the Vajrayana path.
This second weekend of teachings (July 27 and 28) will begin with Guru Rinpoche empowerment in the morning, followed by instructions on the Dudjom Tersar Ngöndro.
It is said that learning the Ngöndro is similar to learning the alphabet, as despite being referred to as "preliminary" practices, they are never abandoned by the practitioner, and are applied throughout the spiritual path, until enlightenment.
If diligently applied, this method purifies obscurations and negative karma, creating conditions for the practitioner to receive higher teachings - such as those of the Great Perfection. For this reason, this retreat is recommended to all those who wish to commit and dedicate themselves intensely to the spiritual path.
There are four ways to register for the event:
- Full event: with the two weekends of teachings included.
- Partial event: only one weekend
- Registration per day of teaching
- Registration for the empowerment only
“The Dudjom Tersar Ngondro provides a superb means to open the door to recognizing the
nature of mind. I hope that all who undertake it will transcend the rigors
of the practices and find true joy in them.”
Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche
“The Dudjom Tersar Ngondro provides a superb means to open the door to recognizing the nature of mind. I hope that all who undertake it will transcend the rigors of the practices and find true joy in them.”
Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche
July 13 an 14, 27 and 28
Full event without accommodation: BRL 592
– empowerment, lunch on Saturdays and Sundays included.
Full event with accommodation
– empowerment and meals included: Friday dinner to Sunday lunch
- Dormitory: BRL 888
- Shared room (3 people per room): BRL 960
- En-suite (2 people per room): BRL 1028
July 27 and 28
Partial event without accommodation
– lunch included
- July 27 only (including empowerment): BRL 167
- July 28 only: BRL 162
- July 27 and 28 (including empowerment) : BRL 329
Partial event with accommodation
– meals included: Friday dinner to Sunday lunch
- Dormitory: BRL 477
- Shared room (3 people per room): BRL 513
- En-suite (2 people per room): BRL 547
Eu sou um bloco de texto. Clique no botão Editar (Lápis) para alterar o conteúdo deste elemento.
• Meals are served exclusively at predetermined times. Please check on site.
• Any changes will be announced on the same day.
No meals will be served outside the stipulated times.
• Each person is usually responsible for washing their own dishes: plates, glasses, cups and cutlery. If the volunteer system is in place to do this task, all help is welcome (look for a staff member).
• Please do not remove dishes from the dining hall area.
• Please let us know in advance if you are a vegetarian - preferably using the registration form, or by emailing [email protected]
What to bring
•Blankets, bed linen and towels will be provided for those staying at the Temple..
Optional items to bring along
- Rain gear
- Ear plugs
- Small lamp
- We suggest that you check the weather forecast before coming, as we offer only one blanket per person.
- Objects for personal hygiene
- Water bottle
- Alarm clock
- Chuba and Zen
- Cushion, suitably identified
- Cash, should you wish to make offerings
- Practitioners who will be practicing outside the temple should bring a support table.
- Sadhanas and practice objects*
* We will use the Long Red Tara, Galaxy of Heartdrops, Longevity Prayers and Appendices of the 100,000 Tsogs, which are sold at the Mandala store.
**We perform daily practices of Red Tara, the Essence of Ongoing Yoga, Vajrakilaya, Dharma Protectors, Lion Face Dakini, Riwo Sangchod, Cherenzig Sur Offering and Chöd Feasts.
Registration cancellation policy
The cancellation of your registration must be notified by email up to 72 hours before the start of the event.
Write to [email protected] and inform one of the options below:
1 - Use the credit for another event or offering
You can use the full amount of the payment as credit to register for another event or to make offerings (lamps, tsok, sur etc.).
This credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of payment.
2 - Credit reimbursement
Your money will be refunded and a BRL 35 fee will be retained to cover administrative expenses.
- Smoking is not allowed in the internal or external areas of the Temple.
- Please do not use cell phones inside the Temple
- Please do not film, record or photograph within the Temple
- Please don't lie down inside the Temple
- It is traditional to perform three prostrations when entering the Temple
- In the presence of Rinpoches and Lamas, we remain standing until they sit down first. We then perform three prostrations, as a sign of respect.
- Please do not point your feet at statues, lamas and sacred objects.
- Please do step over sacred texts, practice objects or benches.
- Please do not place texts directly on the floor
- Sacred texts are lent for use during meditation practices only and are not to be taken home or copied without the permission of the temple.
- It is not considered auspicious to step over the sacred texts or the benches used as practice tables.
- Please do not use another person's practice objects without prior authorization.
- If you find an object that does not belong to you, please deliver it to the office (located on the mezzanine of the dining hall). In case of loss, please visit the office.
(After 90 (ninety) days, these objects will be donated to the thrift store, whose income is reverted to the Temple's activities.)